Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 98 - moments of weakness

As of late a lot of my perspectives have been shifting. I've been regaining my self back so to speak, and looking back on things in my life and realizing that certain judgments, acts and behaviours just weren't me. I felt like a lot of myself was being re-tuned; I was regaining focus onto the real things in my life. But then came temptation, and what followed was a break from the clarity that I had come to, and a reversion to old habits. This happens to all of us, we find a clear path, have a moment of revelation and then for some reason a temptation is placed in our way, and we fall into it not thinking of the consequences. After beating myself up about it for a few days, I realised today that although I fell into temptation, the act itself was a blessing. I was having a hard time trying to figure out how I could implement new perspectives into my life. What this moment has taught me is that its not about figuring it out, its about making the mistakes. Because these mistakes shed light on the distinction between the habitual choices you make in moments of weakness and the virtues and values that are rooted deep within you. And although the reason we act on temptation or why we feel a sense of fulfillment afterwards is not clear, the important thing to realise is that the mistakes are important to make. These pure perspectives we may develop in moments of enlightenment, are mostly just ideals until they are placed in opposition to the shit that's out there. And these mistakes really celebrate the process of developing strong values and how to draw those lines. And although the saying goes, 'practice makes perfect', what moments of weakness suggest is that it's not about perfection. No, it's about understanding that balance of an ideal world where your values and sacred moments are shared by everyone, and one where you decide how and where to share them with the world. I know this might not seem clear, its mostly because it isn't clear to me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment