I received a very heartwarming message from an old roommate today. Living with people apart from family is a great opportunity. I've had the chance to live with plenty of people and in most cases these people have become very close friends of mine. What I've found, is these people have the firmest grasp of who I am as a person, and vice versa. Being friends with a roommate is an example of appreciating a person for their positve attributes and flaws; it's the full picture that matters. Anyone can like a positively manicured public persona, but a real friend accepts you wholly. And living with people opens your eyes to who they really are behind closed doors. They see you with make-up off, pissed off, tired and irritable, and still manage, in most cases, to still care about you. So I am thankful for all of the old roommates that I've had the opportunity to understand. For one thing, they have become some of my closest friends and secondly have helped me admire and love the quirks and imperfections which make us whole. And I thank them for accepting mine and sharing theirs with me. And that's why they're some of the closest connections I've made in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment