I had a phone date with a really good friend of mine tonight. We lost touch over the years but for some reason recently we've reconnected and it's been such a blessing. We were talking about how things were going and such, and I was telling him about some of the bad habits I've been forming because of stress. He showed genuine concern, concern enough to make me stop and think, shit what the hell am I doing here? I grabbed one of my vices and got rid of it immediately. Just like that. It takes a lot for someone to do that, although I'm prone to impulsive decision making, but still. And what I'm thankful for today is the people who trigger these impulses, out of their pure concern for your well being. After doing that I felt relieved. So thank you to you , and the rest of my good friends who care enough to cause so positive reflexes.

No comments:
Post a Comment