I had a conversation with a friend of mine about being in environments that you don't fit in. I don't mean superficially, more so when you find yourself surrounded by people with completely different value systems than your own. This is obviously a good thing, in that it's an opportunity to learn and grow. On the other hand, it can also be extremely lonely, and in some cases desparate and depressing. But, there are the few people you meet in these circumstances, that help you breathe. It's easy to lose moral, and even yourself, in these situations. Being surrounded by people who you cannot relate to constantlly, can be demoralizing, discouraging and start a downwards spiral that may be hard to get out of. But there's always the few people, or even one person, that bring you back. In a sea of confusion, they're the ones you can relate to. And I know I use this word often, but the only way I can describe them, is that they are in fact blessings.

No comments:
Post a Comment