Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 189 - perfectly cued 'just because' tokens

I received an email from a friend tonight who sent me a song, just because. He knew I was having a bit of difficulty lately and thought it might cheer me up. The lyrics in this song seem slightly superficial, but at the same time completely honest and uplifting. I'm happy I have people in my life that take it upon themselves to give small tokens of concern, just because. Because although it was just a simple email, listening to this song, as simple as it was, was exactly what I needed to hear and almost brought me to tears. And I think these 'just because' tokens that have this effect on us, are cues from the universe that we are more connected then we think we are. Otherwise is it just coincidence that we sometimes do things on impulse that are completely perfect for a person in their situation? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment