Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 176 - obstacles

It seems lately that everything that I'm trying to do involves cutting loads of red tape or breaking down barriers. This really hit me today when I cleverly coined the day as, "let's make elfie's life difficult day". Every simple task was an ordeal for some reason today, and it got me thinking that most of what's been going on lately has been a bit of an ordeal. I recently made the decision to pursue another career and change my thesis topic into something more inspiring. Both have been firm decisions, because I realised that they are the direction I want to go. But for some reason everything is difficult. And I was telling my friend about this today, and I said to her, do you think it's because I'm not supposed to pursue this? And she said no way. Then I remembered what I wrote about in yesterdays entry, realizing these are life choices I've made. And I think obstacles come in your way when you do make these choices, because otherwise they wouldnt be choices. You would just walk away witout thinking twice about it. The other thing is, is that they make you really decide if anything is worth going through. Good things don't come easy. That's one of the mottos I was raised with. The harder you have to work for something, the better it is, and I truly believe that. So, if it's something that you do really want, you may have to break down barriers to get it. And I don't think a barrier is the universe's way of saying something isn't for you, I think its a test to help you realise if it's actually what you really want.

No comments:

Post a Comment