We tend to fight or long for things that we sometimes know we for one, don't really want, and two know aren't the right thing for us. I was caught up in something recently that I know I didn't really want, but enjoyed the thought of it. It wasn't until I was forced to make a decision recently that the reality of the situation presented itself. This was something I didn't want or need in my life, despite my toying with the idea. I was certain about this, and at that second I could really feel that fog clearing. And it was a little tough to let go of this 'daydream' so to speak. Because facing these realities means you lose something that you may want or long for, but in retrospect it's uplifting. When you face the reality of a situation, you make clear distinctions in your life. You know that this is the reality of a situation, and knowing that, you can safely say that any other assumption you might make is just a wishful or distorted perception of that. And I think these distinctions are what help keep us grounded, and help us respect the things that come into our lives, and the roles they have to play. They also help us realise what our values are, and where we might need improving.

No comments:
Post a Comment