I left the gym pretty late tonight, and as I walked out I said thank you to the person at the counter, kind of by habit. But when I got into my car I thought about how I really should be thankful for her being there, I just left the gym after a nice work out and was heading home to get ready to watch some TV in bed. This woman was still at work, after probably a long shift and has yet to relax and get ready to go home. We often take for granted the conveniences we have in our lives. We have at our finger tips the right to go to stores at almost any hour of the day to get essential items, 24hr drive throughs and pharmacies, 24hr hot lines, 24hr customer service, for 24hrs of our 24hr day we have people at our beck and call. This isn't the norm, you could go to a bank in some parts of Europe for instance that are only open at 3 -4 hours out of the day. Malls don't exist. I remember taking a friend of mine to a mall to pick up a few last minute things before an event we were going to, and she was amazed at the fact that within one hour, we went to one location and got everything that we needed. And tonight, at my own leisure, was able to have a good work out that suited my schedule at the expense of another person. And we forget that, we get so used to things that we sometimes feel entitled to convenience. I mean I've bitched and complained about things like that plenty of times. We forget that iur convenience is at the inconvenience of others. And today I would like to thank the people who, although on a paycheck, do sacrifice their schedules in order to make our lives a lot easier.

No comments:
Post a Comment