Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 180 - blowing off steam

I have a tendency to blow off steam when I'm pissed off. Lately things have been annoyingly difficult as mentioned in an earlier post, and I'm happy to say that I have wonderful people in my life who sit and listen why I shoot off about various annoyances in my life. Sometimes people just need to vent. Advice is nice, but a listening ear that won't judge, butt in or be annoyed by whatever rant you might be on is sometimes such a blessing. We are like boilers sometimes, in that we do need to just let our anger and frustration out. Venting about it really is a therapeutic way of doing it, as long as you're not hurting anyone or being malicious about it, have an understanding audience and know that it is just that, blowing off steam. When done in moderation and in a healthy way I really think its a good way to deal with some stresses that come into our lives. It's like a good cry, and we shouldn't beat ourselves up about being frustrated. It happens, and rather than over zealously doing something that could damage a situation, person's self esteem or your own for that matter. Getting things off you chest is a good way to do deal with that anxiety before acting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment