I like to work while watching Seinfeld. Actually, I don't really watch much regular TV so to speak, mostly online stuff. But when I'm working I find I work best when Seinfeld is on, no joke. My old roommates boyfriend was visiting us a while back and he said to her, "why is there always Seinfeld playing in Elfie's room." And it occurred to me today, whenever I have something pressing to do, Seinfeld is my equalizer, it's the background noise that helps me relax, take my time and mildly enjoy the process of something that could be easily unpleasant. So today I'm thankful for the many relaxing things we have as background noise that allow us to perform to the best of our abilities. They're in some ways the companions we share stressful times with, because we often find ourselves getting lonely when workings. So today I'd like to tip my hat to Seinfeld, you've been a good friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment