Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 188 - a good cry

I've recently been going through a bit of a shitstorm (mind the language) with various things I've been dealing with. As of a few days ago I thought it was all over, only to find out today, with one unfortunate email, that in fact it was just the eye of the storm. I thought I was ok, and that I was going to handle it, but then just broke into tears. After a little bit I felt so much better, and realised it had been a long time since I had cried. And even though this was more out of frustration than anything, it was completely therapeutic. It was then that I realised I needed to throw in the towel for a little while and cool off. I had been holding onto this frustration for so long, and dealing with it in very ineffective ways, and today, crying for those good couple minutes really helped. And to those who think crying is a sign of weakness can look the other way if you ask me, cause there's nothing wrong with letting yourself feel things sometimes. Because not letting yourself do so is what will get you here in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment