I've spoken about escapism before in this blog, saying how we shouldn't ignore underlying issues in our lives by participating in diversions or distractions. But, I also talk about balance, and how life isn't about comparing yourself to an image of perfection. Things are not so black and white, but much more grey. So, it is important to escape from problems from time to time. Taking nights off, going on a holiday, relaxing and not thinking about things; these are vital in living healthily. But in moderation, like anything in life. But I think it's important for us to recognize when it's time to toss in the towel for a day, a night or an hour. Taking a break from our responsibilities is sometimes the best form of rejuvenation. It's much better than lying to yourself, saying you'll get through something when really your mind and body are at the brink of a breakdown. I've always had a fetish for fire escapes, and after titling this post just now, I realised why. You always see fire escapes in between buildings. They're like hinges; and completely necessary. It's only fitting that they make them aesthetically pleasing, because they connect to major buildings to one and other in space. And in someways these little escapes we have in life are like that, we can't make a life of them, because it wouldn't surmount to anything but endless stairs to no where, but with substantial parts of our lives, they give us the right amount of breaking points to experience the important points to the best of our abilities. They're almost like palate cleansers. 

No comments:
Post a Comment