Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 182 - funny messages

I don't often check my voice messages. While skimming through the 20 or so messages that had accumulated in my inbox today I came across a silly message from a friend that left it so I would laugh. These messages, notes, gestures in passing that are intended to make you laugh are little specs of light in your day. They're moments where people are trying to make you smile, and mostly when you're not around. They are thinking of you and hoping that when you find the token they've left for you, you might smile. And that's very thoughtful I think. We often overlook this stuff, smile at it and continue on with our day. But when you pause and understand the process of thinking to do something for someone, for no reason, to make them laugh, when they're not even there, it adds up. And they're nice gifts to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment