I got some pretty bad news today. Seems to be the theme of this month, but nonetheless shit happens. And when that shit hits the fan, its a messy reality telling you that you need not be in control of everything. I think life keeps throwing lessons at you until you've learned them. So, where does this idea fall into my bad news. Well, I can honestly say that I'm a bit, if not quite of a control freak. And as of late, it seems as though everything seems to be out of my control. And every time I think I have a handle on things, yet another obstacle comes my way. And I get completely frustrated, because as mentioned earlier, I'm a control freak. But I think what these obstacles are trying to teach me is that, life isn't about control. It's not about taking each situation by the horns and driving it home. No, it's about coping. Sounds pretty anticlimactic doesn't it? But not really. You have deal with life, play the cards that are dealt to you in a way that's going to make you happy. You have no control over what cards will be dealt next, the only thing you can control is how you play your hand right? So maybe that's just it. Learning how cope with what you have in a way that's good for you. Letting go of that authority over your life is something I have a hard time dealing with. I guess that means I have a lot of red tape to cut in my near future.

No comments:
Post a Comment