Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 196 - phases

Nothing lasts forever, that's something I've come to realise. And its especially important to keep this in mind when in a rut. There are times in your life when you're supposed to be upset, and you shouldn't get bent out of shape for not thinking positively. Everything goes in waves, and the sooner you accept that, the easier you'll be able to let go of anxiety that might come with hardship. A very good friend of mine is going through a rough time right now and she's having a hard time staying positive. And the more I think about her and this idea of phases, the more I realise that we sometimes need to let ourselves be upset. I'm not saying wallow in despair, but accept and understand it. Right now it sucks, but that's just right now. Tomorrow is a new day. Trying to focus on the positives is important, but sometimes you really do feel like shit, and focusing on the positives is only ignoring a wound rather than healing it. So rather than faking positivity until you make it, (which in my mind just becomes a more refined form of faking), accept the fact that you feel like shit, but accept that it is just for now. Understand this is just a phase and it too shall pass is.

1 comment:

  1. Somehow by the grace of God I stumbled across this blog.

    It totally made my shitty day somewhat better...

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete