We usually have a variety of friends in our lives, and ones we don't always relate to. But there are the people in our lives that just get us. I'm talking about the people in our lives have the same opinions, tastes, values and lifestyle as us. As much as diversity is important and relating to people of different backgrounds helps us maintain a level head, having people that we can relate our life to is very important and refreshing. . A lot of times when I'm interacting with people, I find myself feeling really alone, in that I feel as though my views on things are sometimes just so isolated from what the people around me think. And finding the few people who see me eye to eye is really a refreshing blessing. It brings me comfort knowing that at least there are a few people who see things the way I do. I sometimes wonder if it's unhealthy to want that sort of belonging or feeling of 'not being alone' but I think an inherent part of every human is to know that they can belong and connect with people. And I think feeling as though your views on the world are isolated can be very demoralizing. As eccentric as some of us can be, together with these selected people, we can feel as though it's not completely 'out-there' to think or act they way we do. 

No comments:
Post a Comment