I was reading a while ago that the creative instinct is a transcended gift. I believe this to some degree. I bought a new book of illustrations today, and after looking through it I found the ideas for my own work just came pouring out. I was so excited that my stagnant state of production was finally moving along, and it was all thanks to these images. I think its a really special thing to be inspired by someone elses work. And of course it's not just the work that I was looking at today, it's all the art pieces that have fed my creative work, the masters, the amateurs, the works that aren't even thought of as pieces of art. The power of triggering a creative instinct in someone else I think is truly a gift. If that instinct is 'transcended' then when a work impacts you to that level there's something really beautiful happening. You're triggering a very pure instinct in someone else by a work you've created. That is truly a blessing.

No comments:
Post a Comment