Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 212 - people who care about your mental well being

Tonight my mom was asking me what my plans for new years eve were and she instisted that I make sure to go out and have a good time. "You have been cooped up in the house studying and you need to make sure to go out and have fun on new years eve, it's a big deal and that way you're not going to get depressed" This, coming from my teenage recollections of an overprotective mother, came as a rather shock to me. It's nice to see however that there are people in your life that insist you lead a healthy lifestyle, and offer slightly cutting advice that forces you to do so. That was probably the last thing I expected to hear from my mom, but it's an indication that she is looking out for my well being, and forcing me to leave my batcave of thesis is part of her duty as someone who cares about me. She's obviously been concerned about my mental well being for the last little while, knowing that I'm stuck working in my office all day, to say something like that. And for that comment and concerned observation I'm extremely touched and thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment