My friend has been going through a rough time, and recently moved back in with her folks. I called her house looking for her today, and her mom, although we had never met or spoken to each other, was really happy to hear from me. She said something along the lines of "I'm happy you called, (insert name here) was so happy last time you called, I remember she was laughing, make sure to call back when she gets in" and insisted I keep in touch with her daughter. I guess the last conversation I had with her really brightened her spirits. I didn't really know this, I mean yes I know she was in good spirits after we ended our phone call, but I didn't realise the impact was enough to make the people around her notice. The fact that her mother said that to me today made me really happy, because sometimes you don't always realise the impact you make in someones life until it's told to you. Although I don't actively try to be a good influence, just a good friend, hearing that from her mom today made me feel really good, and for that I am grateful. 

No comments:
Post a Comment