Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 225 - converstations worth the drive

I had a friend drive a fair distance to spend all but an hour or so with me today. This really meant a lot to me. They were really happy that we could have a good talk, even if it was short, and me the same. I think the reason it's such a meaningful gesture is because it means this person not only values my company but also my opinion. He drove the distance in order for us to have a meaningful conversation, and to me that really says friendship. When you feel it completely necessary to make an extra effort to have that face to face conversation, it shows the value in that persons opinion, the time you share with that person and the impact they have on your life. And today I'm thankful to have a friend like that in my life, one whose conversation is worth the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment