Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 226 - new beginnings

New years eve is special because it gives people hope. I love it because although time is somewhat of a superficial man made thing, milestones like new years give each and everyone of us an illusion that change is possible. What's your new years resolution? And I think this opportunity really is special, even if it's somewhat of an illusion. Because I heard this while watching Vanilla Sky again, not to long ago, "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around." I'm not sure if it's unique to the movie or not, but it really struck a chord with me. The idea that there's a night that commemorates change, like New Years Eve, is really special. So when I was waiting for the year to change last night...and the ball dropped, I couldn't help but smile, because it really is a magical feeling. All can be different now, if you so let it. And all though every passing minute is a chance to let it be different, sometimes we need more tangible illusions to reinforce that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment