Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 207 - happy accidents

I sometimes think accidents are moments that we let our inhibitions go to the universe. Yes I know, that sounds totally hoaky, but I think there's truth in it. Mistakes happen for a reason, and its often because things weren't going right to begin with. This is most clear when accidents have immediate positive outcomes. I really think that every mistake we make is a chance and sign that we can and should turn things around. Happy accidents just give much more immediate responses. Case and point: I've been working extremely hard the last couple of weeks, staying home a lot. Tonight I decided to take a break from my work and make some Christmas gifts. I decided to make a few homemade liqueurs this year, and from my stress I had also forgotten to eat supper. So, one thing lead to another, and while trying out my gift in order to make sure it tasted ok, I got rahter inhebriated. I was kind of angry about this, because that meant the night of work Ihad ahead of me was a lost cause, because I had accidentally gotten tipsy. My friend called me and insisted that I go out. To be honest with you I really couldn't think of a better thing to do with my night, its almost as though I needed to go out, but my overly rational side wasn't letting me. Although this is a more comical example of what I'm trying to say, I think it's important to look at these accidents as cues from the universe that come in when we let our inhibitions go.

No comments:

Post a Comment