Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day 221 - friends that show up

It's nice to have friends that make it out to things you invite them to. I've mentioned before that invitations are considerate tokens that tell a person that they would like to spend time with you. So when people show up to these events, they understand how important the invitation really is, even if it's not on a conscious level. Showing up displays initiative and in some cases the capacity you can be relied on. And I think understanding that it's not about making your presents grand, but rather knowing that just being there is all that matters most of the time. A man can only be measured by his actions, and we all have good intentions, but its following through with those intentions that matters most. As the saying goes, 80% of life is just showing up, and I completely agree with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment