Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 224 - responsible sharing

What I find interesting is the varied advice and reactions when discussing the same problem with different people. A part of me realised today that you really can't share everything with some people, and instead of being angered by that, I was more touched by it. I'm not sure about others, but I often fall into the trap of sharing all that I do decide to share with the world relatively equally amongst my close friends. But today, I've realised that this method isn't exactly responsible. Being very loose with your emotions, inner thoughts and opinions is a good thing, in that you do learn a lot, but it's also irresponsible when done to a certain degree. And that goes with anything that you give away casually, your body, your earnings, and your inner self in this case, all in which are intertwined. So what I've realised today, is the beauty in responsibly sharing yourself with people. Because spreading yourself too thin by any means isn't letting you hold onto and really understand those parts of you before you share them with the world. So being selective, and eve selectively casual if necessary, I think lets you keep your grounding and helps you respect the parts of you that you should cherish. And today, instead of getting put off at the fact that I can't exactly share everything with everyone I'd like to, I'm more happy at the fact that I actually do have control over how I see and feel about myself. And for a control freak, that really is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment