Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 255 - workplace family

I visited my old workplace today, saw my old team and my old boss. You know, it's really hard to find a place that you work at that feels like family. I often find that the colleagues are always kept at a healthy distance from ones personal life. But today I remembered how at home i felt with these people. I think a good employer knows this, and I think that's probably why most of my team has stayed and soem returned after so many years. And being there, in that work environment and feeling at 'home' so to speak I think is something to be cherished. I'm really lucky to have been and still be part of that team, that 'family.' Because that sort of relationship with a workplace is extremely rare. So this post is dedicated to the employers and employees who understand that yes, work takes up 1/3 of your life, which means, you should feel happy, at home and a part of something there.

No comments:

Post a Comment