I've always wanted to stay up late talking with someone I barely knew, and I did so last night. It's funny when you find yourself so attracted to what someone is saying that you end up talking until the wee hours of the morning. Your both tired and groggy, and when you see each other the next day you end up feeling connected, because you shared that experience together. You learn about each other, and in some cases get a bit of a crash course into that persons life. And that's really amazing because so often do we try for year to get that sort of connection with people, and to have that sort of knowledge about each other. What I find great about it is that, even if its a momentary thing, the fact of the matter is, there was some sort of attraction you two shared in order to make you discount the 'responsible thing to do', which in this case would be sleep. And it is these moments that we often yearn for, because they're completely irrational, yet make so much sense.

No comments:
Post a Comment