There are few friends in your life that you've known forever. I spent the day with a good friend of mine today, and we spent it cooking together and shopping for her newly purchased apartment. I thought it was really special because I remember us playing together in my basement. And now, we're picking out colour schemes for her living room. It for one, made me realise how far we've come, and two really cherish her as a friend. Although we may have had our ups and downs, we've stuck in each others lives for a reason, and although picking out choral and mustard coloured pillows may not typical cause that sort of thought, today it did for me. I sat in the car waiting for her to bring the last of the home furnishings we bought, and thought to myself, wow, 20 years really does fly. You really shouldn't discount friends that 'are there by default' as some might put it, just because you've3 know them for so long. Because, the fact of the matter is, you know a lot of people in your life, and for someone to maintain a friendship with you for that long is because you chose to them in your life. And 20 years in this case is a long time. 

No comments:
Post a Comment