I used to think not putting time and effort in taking care of yourself was fine, it meant my priorities we're superficial. But as I've gotten older, and developing more of a routine in that sense, I really value this time. Going to the gym, taking care of your appearance, making sure you eat well, basically tending to the physical aspects of yourself really is therapeutic. Valuing your physical self goes hand in hand with confidence and what your receive. It's part of the whole package, and it's the best way to put into motion positive thoughts about yourself, and how you may start your day or evening. And I'm glad to have reached a point where I don't feel sort of guilty, if that's the word, of taking care of myself physically, because it goes hand in hand with taking care of you mind and soul. So tonight while cranking up some soft music and taking my time to get ready after a nice shower, I thought to myself how valuable this time was, and how we should really cherish taking care of ourselves. It's like eating a good meal, a good nights sleep, a meditation or feeling something really powerful...these are fueling moments that help recharge our batteries, and in this case gets the night off to a good start.

Amen! I am so glad that you've kept this blog going, and I am so glad that this is your post on January 3rd, my birthday! When you start doing it, you realize that taking care of your outer self is really about taking care of your inner self. That's what really gets my butt on the treadmill at 7:00am... okay, 8:00.
ReplyDelete