Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 249 - family of friends

I was visiting an old friend of mine who came in from out of town tonight. We have known each other for almost twenty years, which nowadays is hard to come by. Her parents know me really well, and as I was leaving her house after a short visit they all came to say goodbye. It was then that I realised that I not only had a strong relationship with her, but also with her family. Her family sincerely cares about my well being, my life and my family. And I think that stems from the bond that I share with their daughter. Our families often have a keen sense of what's important in life, whether we like it or not. And the fact that your parents navigate and care about certain people in your life, usually means that the impact that friendship or relationship has on you is often a good one. And I'm thankful for my friends families whom I've formed such close connections with. Because not only does it mean that there are more people to care about and be cared for by, but it's also an indication of a valued friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment