Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 250 - good reflexes

I caught something today that I almost deleted from my email. It was a very important email that had been sent to my SPAM folder. Yes this is an odd thing to be thankful for, but I think it stretches farther than this particular instance. Sometimes are reflexes are so quick, they catch the most important things when it counts the most. Now, call me crazy but I think that's a moment of grace. A reflex, by definition, is: to occur in reaction; responsive. Now if we're responding to something that we're doing, is it really us that is responding? Or is it more of shake from the universe telling us, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING? I think these moments are points where these two worlds sort of meet. Yes, I know I'm turning a SPAM email into a philosophical debate, but the reality of it is, in any other situation I probably would have just deleted all those emails without thinking twice, but today for some reason, something caught my and and caused me to react. And I think that these reflexes are indications that there is a 'reason' these things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment