Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 232 - when roommates turn to family

My old roommates decided to throw me a welcome/ birthday dinner at their house during my stay with this this weekend. This really means a lot to me because although these people are newer friends in my life, yet they definitely mean the world to me, enough that the whole dinner and minor celebration felt like a real family gathering. Its funny how sometimes you know people for ages, and still don't form those bonds. But sometimes, the way the universe has it, people come into your life, and you have the capacity to form the strongest bonds with them. Enough that you can visit with them, and still feel like a household member even if you're not even living there anymore. This really hit home with me tonight, because I've known a lot of people for lengthy periods of time, and the bond I have with these old roommates, compares to these other friendships and my family. And I'm so unbelievably grateful to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment