I have a tendency to strike conversation with cab drivers. I often find that they have very interesting, genuine and informed opinions of what's going on in the world. They are one of the few who develop relatively close relations with such a broad spectrum of the population and for usually a very short period of time. It's funny because taxis are safe zones in some ways. People feel free to talk about just about anything, and a cab driver usually has the capacity to respond, react and put in his/her own two cents. Today a cab driver gave me a long lesson about how to save for your future, and we ended up talking for about five minutes in front of my destination. I left the car and he wished me good luck in all I did in life, and it really stuck with me. So today I'm thankful for this man, and the rest of the cab drivers, that have so much patience for even the more rough around the edges people in this world of ours.

No comments:
Post a Comment