Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 252 - honesty paying off

I've been having some difficulty lately getting something to work out. A few friends, good people, told me that I may as well try to fudge it myself, and take a more dishonest approach to the problem. After thinking it over I decided I'd try the honest way first, and if that didn't work out then I would reconsider. Today, all of the issues I was having worked out according to plan, and everything followed through without any shortcuts or cheating. I knew that if I did take the shortcut in the first place, it would have gone unnoticed and the potential harm would be negligible, unless revealed. But I knew the guilt of it all would haunt me. And as everything came into place today, it made me realise that sometimes the honest approach is often harder, there is less regret involved. If at the end of the day, you gave everything your all, and too the more 'honourable' road, the outcome is a positive one. Falsities only bring out crooked outcomes, maybe not initially, but as I've mentioned time and time again, you give what you get. And if you're giving you ultimately honest effort, you will receive that back in the end. And today I realised that doing the 'right thing' does pay off in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment