I recieved an email from a friend of mine today that showed me a beautiful video of architecture. As I've mentioned in earlier posts, I have decided to steer away from this career path onto something else. This decision left me with many mixed feelings and a bit of resentment for architecture as a career. After watching this video, I realised, once again, why I chose to follow on this path for the last seven years. It also made me realise that although the career isn't suited for me, there are still beautiful things involved with it. It's funny how easily we turn our backs to things things that don't fit, and tend to focus on their faults more than their moments of grace. And today I was able to come to terms with the fact that I am not leaving this career because it's awful and any other negative reason. I am moving towards soemthing I personally would find more fulfilling, but that's not to say that the career I've been following isn't a fullfilling & upstanding one. And I'm happy to have finally learned to let go of that. 

No comments:
Post a Comment