I've taken it upon myself to be less of an open book this year as part of a new years resolution. I've realised that keeping things from people, who don't necessarily need to know everything about your life, is much more valuable than divulging. I see benefits in sharing yourself with people however, but I'm starting to learn the value in keeping certain things private. What this does is that helps you take control over how you feel about your life, your actions and opinions towards things. I talk a lot about walls in this blog, and how they're a bad thing. But I can see how in certain cases walls are good. You need to sort through things before you can fully share it with the world sometimes, because there are a lot of prematurely valuable things inside of all of us, things we want, things we do and we don't know why and sometimes it's not till well after the fact that we realise how valuable these obscure, taboo or self-conscious opinions, actions, and thoughts are to us. And the quicker we are to share that with others, the quicker we get both positive and negative feedback. So, today I am thankful for the things in my life I've chosen to keep private, because it is this action that not only helps you stand behind decisions you make, but also helps you grow independently. And why this is important is because sometimes opening yourself up too much lets you be influenced by others too easily, and its important that you know how and when other's opinions should impact you.

No comments:
Post a Comment