Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 278 - new age studies

I read an article the other day about how to use your subconscious to help you life. The article outlines how you can ask your subconscious for help just prior to falling asleep. So I tried this the other day, and it did help. Sure, it may sound a little kooky, but I do think that's partially due to the preconceptions and familiarity we have with our psyches nowadays. Psychology is in some ways a new field of study. It has only really been around for just over a century. Most other fields of study, i.e. mathematics, the sciences, the arts, have been around for centuries, so they've gained credibility. But I'm sure that when these theories initially began to surface, they seemed just as 'off beat' as some stuff that I talk about in this blog; meditation, reading your subconscious, letting your inner self guide you. I can see people just rolling their eyes at these sort of concepts, but if you think about it, there are plenty of theories that we found our lives on today that once were sought to be completely outlandish. So a part of me sort of is thankful for believing and being around people who believing in this 'new age' field, makes me feel like I'm rooting for the underdog. I know I know.

1 comment:

  1. ooh I'm going to read this article - looks pretty cool. and i'm definitely up for believing that our subconsciousness is capable of way more than we give it credit for... we're just not in tune with our bodies enough. but i'm a bit kooky too, so maybe it's why i like this stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete