I was watching a movie tonight, and I was thinking to myself how it's such a great movie, it really should be one of my token favourites. Then I looked over at my DVD library and started thinking about how it's almost ridiculous to start picking out favourites, same with music and anything that really interests you. I think in some ways it's sort of looking at things in a black and white way. Labels never did anyone any good. So rather than categorizing my movie, music and personal interest based on what my favourite is, I've decided to not answer those sort of questions anymore. Why? Cause that sort of stuff doesn't matter. Who cares what my favourite band is, I like an array, because at the end of the day I know this. So today I am thankful for the lack of favourites, and seeing things as a spectrum. Because the more I categorise interests, friends, relationships etc., is the moment that it limits the capacity of anything. You become the type of person who likes wes anderson movies, the girlfriend, the friend with benefits, the party friend, the chick who listens to indie rock, etc. At the end of the day, these interests fluxuate, and labeling them really only lets them be that one thing. So, why bother.

No comments:
Post a Comment