Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 265 - age

I went out with my girlfriends last night to a bar, when we realised that we may have been one of the more older people there. I suddenly felt 100 times more confident. Strange I guess, but I think age does that to you. And although I'm only 26, you start to realise that there are so many things that I've experienced, know and fully understand that I've experienced in the seven (if not more) years of life I have on most of the people in that bar. And that's not to say that they're lives are lesser for it, no, they're at different points. And most of the time we fear age, except for some milestones that have been made by society. But for the most part, people tend to dread getting older. But the reality is, age isn't something to be feared but admired. Think of looking into an old persons eyes, or their hands. Seeing all the age spots, the little flecks that have developed over time. That's experiences. That's strength. That's conviction. Life is something that should be experienced and savoured, and I think that's something to realise with age. And rather than worrying that you're the oldest person in the bar, why not realise that you've experiences and understand that environment and situation more than the people around you. Because you know it like a person knows their home town, you've experienced it thoroughly. And that's not something that should devalue you, but rather the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment