Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 274 - lucky pennies

I pick up every penny I find. I have a collection of them on my desk. A good friend of mine gave me the idea to write the dates on them when I find them, so I have been doing this in order to add to my neuroses. I love lucky pennies because they give you hope. Hope is one of those things that helps change your perspective. Sure believing a found penny will in fact change your luck is a little bit outlandish, but I think that letting the occurrence help change your perspective is more what I'm interested in, and that's more the reason i pick up every penny I do see on the ground. Sure I may look ridiculous, but at the end of the day, it helps me stay positive. It helps remind me that, things may be shitty, mediocre, bland or underwhelming, but at any moment that can change. And it's mostly due to my own perception of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment