I have a tendency to ask many people for opinions on matters that I'm concerned with. I've been thinking recently about my tattoo, and I've been talking to a variety of people about it. I had a new friend of mine with a few tattoos tell me something today that really stuck with me. He said, "you're asking way too many people for advice on this." This is something I never really looked at as a problem, I sort of understood that spreading yourself too thin can be detrimental, but opinions, really? But the more I thought about the more I realised that it didn't matter. At the end of the day something like this, that will only affect my life should not be influenced by others opinions. I think in life we often forget that. It's important that we consider others when making decisions, but when they're life or lifestyle choices we always have to remember that at the end of the day who do we really answer to? If your happy, then it shouldn't matter, because the people that count will be there. So today I am thankful for the reminder that when I am making these choices, I need to first and foremost consider what I want from the situation.

No comments:
Post a Comment