Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 268 - 'bob' sharing his experience with me

A friend of mine was sharing a story of his to me today. He was telling me about a moment he had where he immediately changed how much he shared with his friends, colleagues and people around him. I'm finding it hard to ride the line of sharing too much with people and not sharing anything at all. He told me that a man once gave him solid advice he said to him "You know, you're an easy target, you wear your heart on your sleeve, you're business is everywhere. If someone wanted to hurt you they could easily do so." And it was then that this friend of mine realised that sharing too much personal information is in fact problematic. I'm still not sure where I stand with this, where that line lies what is too much? what is too little, in that you're just putting up unnecessary walls? I guess that sort of stuff comes with time. But today I am thankful for that reminder, because I've found myself slipping into bad habits recently and feeling as though I am spreading myself a little too thin, (says the girl with the personal blog). Either way, I'm happy he shared that experience with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment