Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 276 - not settling

I recently let go of a potential relationship, and have been questioning whether I just was too hard on all my old relationships; not giving them the chance. But after watching a movie tonight I slowly realised how true to my hopes about love all those decision were. A lot of people may raise a brow or two at my opinions about love, how I'm still convinced there's people out there that we're meant to be with. Call me a romantic but I do think so. I think a lot of people settle for people for reasons they think are important, actually how am I supposed to know that? I'm sure there are plenty of people in this world who are in love with people who they feel a connection with, mentally, spiritually and physically. But at the same time, there are a lot of people who don't believe in that equation anyway, so you can't blame them for not believing in soul mates (which I personally think is an overused term that just makes us romantics sound naive, but whatever). And I think that's just a testament on how I live my life. That sort of love is important to me. But today after watching this movie, that showed this old couple so genuinely in love, I realised that it's not that I was being too "hard" on my past loves no. It's that I wasn't settling, but it was on much more simpler terms than I thought. I was convinced that the person i was meant to be with had to add up to some specific formula that matched my make up, which I guess still sort of stands true, but isn't the common denominator. What I want is someone I know that I will fall in love with over and over again each day; that's it. And it's this clarity that put me at ease. Is too much to hope for? I guess I'll have to find out. But until then there's no ham in not settling for anything less.

No comments:

Post a Comment