Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 263 - realising confidence

Confidence is one of those things that sneaks up on you without you trying to achieve it. I accomplished something today that I felt pretty confident about, and realised that for the first time in a long time, I am finally comfortable in a lot of my capabilities. As I've said before one of my favourite quotes is "If you have to say it, you're not quite there yet." And the moment you realise you're there, is when you find yourself being and wanting to, be quiet, I've found. My one friend was asking me why i didn't want to talk about the task that I just had completed while out for lunch with a few friends, and I told him that I just didn't feel the need to at the time, especially in front of many people. So what I'm thankful for is the opportunities and challenges that I had to overcome and go through that brought me to where I am today. Being comfortable in my capabilities is something that I've obviously worked hard at, but knowing that I've reached that level is something new to me. I guess it's like anything in life, the second you stop trying at anything is the moment all the doors open up for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment