I was mildly annoyed and offended by an interaction with someone the other day. I was whining to my boyfriend when I got home about how it was more to do with this person's own issues than my own, going on and on about how awful and alone I felt - blathering on like a nut. After calmly listening to my complaints he says, 'people all have flaws, you can't hold it against them.' I was initially taken back for a moment, but when I thought about I immediately realised I was being unreasonable. In moments of anger, frustration or when feeling offended, it's hard to feel compassionate towards other people. Being very sensitive myself, I find this very hard. I often get consumed with my feelings. Today, although it hurt to realise I was being that way, it was nice that someone who I know cares about me, had the heart to tell me that. I'm so thankful that there are people in my life who aren't judgmental during my moments of weakness, but are still able to let me realise what actually is going on, for one, isn't a big deal, and two, isn't getting better by me not looking objectively at the problem. I think that's actually a hard task for anyone, especially when dealing with a firecracker like this girl.
Michelle & Edgard's beautiful wedding - 1 year ago today | Auberge du
Pommier
-
A year ago today was a magical day.
Two wonderful people from the opposite ends of this world joined hands in
marriage in front of their closest family an...
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment