I have a hard time admitting to my talents in public. I don't know why but I feel awful trying to take the limelight for however long it might be in order to let people know what my skills are, what I'm capable of and my accomplishments. I have a friend who and asked me to join her in a creative endeavor that she's pursuing. i went with her to one of her meetings and participated fairly actively. But when it came down to what I could contribute to the team, I found it really hard to say all the things I could do, and actively go after some of the creative projects that they were mentioning. But this friend of mine, really stuck behind me and spoke on my behalf. I was so appreciative and honoured by he kind words. As much as I really should learn to not shortchange what I'm capable of and be able to express it in a way where I don't feel myself being pompous, I'm happy that at least for that moment in time I was graced enough with the kindest friend who for one spoke for me and also, thought of me to begin with. It's nice to know that others believe in you.
Michelle & Edgard's beautiful wedding - 1 year ago today | Auberge du
Pommier
-
A year ago today was a magical day.
Two wonderful people from the opposite ends of this world joined hands in
marriage in front of their closest family an...
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment