I had lost touch with an old friend of mine a few months ago. She had gone through some important life milestones which I wasn't able to be a part of and I had been feeling guilty, not being able to see her through them. It was one of those situations that the guilt of facing your own disappointment in yourself overthrew any action you could take. Eventually, I mustered up enough courage to contact her and apologize for not being there. I sat there dreading the potential of not hearing from her, or worse, a disappointed response. After a day or two I finally heard back from my friend who showed the most amazing amount of understanding, saying we all get busy and that she completely understood that life sometimes makes you less available a certain moments. I couldn't have been more thankful to have read this, I was so worried I had failed a friend, and I couldn't bear the guilt of that. I'm so glad that I do have people in my life that understand that sometimes life's obligations can be overwhelming and you don't always have time for everyone. Luckily there are people out there that realise that on call friendships are great, but busy friends can also love you just as much - and for this I am grateful.
Michelle & Edgard's beautiful wedding - 1 year ago today | Auberge du
Pommier
-
A year ago today was a magical day.
Two wonderful people from the opposite ends of this world joined hands in
marriage in front of their closest family an...
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment