Sunday, October 10, 2010

#284 gratitude from friends

I had a conversation with a friend of mine the other night, where she expressed her gratitude for our friendship. I was really touched by this. You know your friends care about you and you know your friends value your friendships, or at least you should know, but reassurance of that is actually so comforting. When your friends are thankful for you as a person being in their life it really enforces how valueable that friendship is. You're reminded that you can be yoruself and be loved, and that lets go of a lot of pretenses and allows you to be a sincerely good friend in return. So I am thankful for this friend, and her kind words, because now I know I can be a good friend to her without worrying if I'm accepted as I am. My opinions matter, my compassion is appreciated and it's beautiful to hear that.

No comments:

Post a Comment