Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 6 - fear of losing yourself

I'll be honest I sat down tonight not even knowing where to begin with this entry. Today was pretty uneventful, and while it came to a close, I got really down for various reasons. I realised that the world can be extremely artificial and sometimes functioning in society restricts you from being open. And it's only because of standards set which have been evolving for God knows how long. And I got really upset about this, because I get so scared that I'm going to be manipulated into that somehow. And I think that's actually something to be thankful for, the ability to feel that fear and recognize your weakness. Because I think that feeling in itself, when stemming from a positive source, can help initiate change. Yes, fear can be negative and conflict with self-growth and inhibit you in many ways. But the fear of losing who you really are, I think is really a blessing, because it comes from a place inside you that is so genuine. That fear will only propel me to make genuine decisions. I'm not sure if this makes any sense, as I'm having a hard time expressing myself, hopefully in time I'll be able to edit/ articulate this point a bit better.

2 comments:

  1. unedited thoughts are the most genuine...i understand perfectly...sighs...this is a conversation to be had together...with a bottle of red and two glasses of wine....yes...we must, must get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this entry struck a cord with me..... here come a few tears.

    ReplyDelete