Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 11 - genuine invitations

I started thinking today about invitations given by friends, that are genuine. I had a few social events I was invited to today, and of course, it made me happy to be able to go out and just have a great time with friends. The time spent with them is obviously a gift, but more importantly, it's act of invitation. Your close friends extend a genuine invitation because they sincerely wanted your company. I was, in the past somewhat of a flake, and by doing so I eventually felt like an outsider and segregated from many of my friends. It wasn't until recently that I realised the importance of accepting an invitation. Not so you could be included into a group of people and become 'one of the gang'. No, but because when someone extends that offer, and you decline, it is in some ways refusing a gift. So, I'm thankful for genuine invitations because they offer an opportunity to show someone you care as well, by accepting and saying "well, yeah, I really like spending time with you too!".

No comments:

Post a Comment